Collection and Use of Personal Information
Tap may request that you provide certain personal information in order to use our Services or engage in activities through our Website. By personal information, we mean any information about an identifiable individual or entity, such as his, her or its name, telephone number, address, email address, profession, qualifications and license number, if applicable, as well as the information found in an end-user’s medical file. We collect this information to carry out the services that you have asked from us and to help improve our products and services. We provide more detail below on what personal information we collect and why.
- Requests for Information, Comments and Inquiries: When you express an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services, in subscribing to any Service or in opening an online account, Tap will require you to provide your personal contact information including:
- phone number,
- email address and
- if required to properly respond to the inquiry, comment or demand:
- your profession or medical specialty,
- license number and
- department and hospital affiliation or place of work.
Such personal information is collected in order for us to be able to communicate with you, to verify if you qualify as users of the Services, to determine which kind of Services would be required or desirable for you, and to respond to your inquiries, comments or requests for information.
If you contact us for product support, we will maintain account notes on your product license number, hardware and the type of problems that you are experiencing. This helps us to track issues that you are experiencing and to further enhance our support for you.
- User Account and Contact Information: When you register to open an account, Tap requires you to provide your:
- provincial healthcare card number and expiry date
- email address,
- telephone number,
- if applicable, your license number and hospital or department affiliation (or place of work).
Tap requires this information to ascertain that you qualify as users of the Services and to communicate with you whenever required.
In the course of creating your account, you must also provide a password and must agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the EULA. During the registration process, you may provide additional information to build your profile.
- Newsletters and Customer Service: You may be required to provide answers to the Customer Satisfaction Survey. Any personal information obtained by Tap in connection with the foregoing will only be used to contact you and for any other purpose expressly set forth in said survey or permitted by law.
For our newsletters and press releases, we will email you the communications that you have requested from us. Depending upon the type of publication you may have to communicate additional personal information. This will be notified to you prior to the collection of such information. You may request at all times to be removed from any mailing list at any time by using the Contact us feature of our Website.
- Data Trackers, Including Cookies and Web Beacons: “Cookies” are minor text files that are placed in your computer’s browser and store your preferences.
Sharing personal information
Your personal information will be shared with the following:
- To clinics or doctors where your appointment takes place by communicating your information through their EMR
- With Tap medical customer service agents who may access your data to answer questions and resolve issues
- To our email relay service provider to be able to send you information by email
Tap will also receive personal information about you from our business partners when you use third-party websites or services that use or are integrated with Tap’s Services.
- Sharing Information in Case of Change in Ownership: We may need to share your information should there be a change in our company ownership.
- In the event that we sell Tap, our assets or our Websites, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data held by us will be transferred. This includes a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, or other change of control.
- Sharing Information to Meet Legal Requirements: We may be required by law to disclose or share your personal information. For instance,
- In order to comply with any legal obligation or legal request, such as a subpoena;
- In connection with required governmental filings or submissions;
- To investigate and respond to third-party claims or allegations; or
- Other Reasons We May Share Information:
- For fraud detection and prevention. We may need to disclose or share your personal information to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Website, our Services, our business partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Statistical information. We may share with third parties aggregate statistical information. But this information does not identify you as an individual. It refers to certain of our end-users in the aggregate. Examples of such aggregate statistical information include the number of users that downloaded an application or number of users that clicked on a particular offer.
Security of Personal Information
We take appropriate technical, physical, administrative and managerial procedures, and employ security measures and safeguards to protect personal information that is stored on our servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should notify us immediately (by using the Contact us feature of our Website).
At Tap medical, we are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We use industries’ best practice to safeguard your personal information through transmission and at rest.
How Long We Maintain Your Personal Information
Tap will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the Services you have requested and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
Your Ability to Access and Control Your Data
In order to keep your personal information accurate, Tap depends on you to amend your user account(s) to include updated contact details. You may update your user account by accessing it electronically through our Website. You are entitled to communicate with Tap as set out below (or by using the Contact us feature of our Website) in order: (i) to modify your file, (ii) to correct inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous information, (iii) to have outdated or irrelevant information struck out, or (iv) to make written comments and have them filed on record.
You can upload, manage, edit or delete your personal information or the content and other information you share when using our Website or any Service. You can request us to delete your account.
If you wish to learn more about what personal information we maintain and/or to which third parties such personal information has been provided, please Contact us. Tap will make reasonable efforts to respond to your request within one (1) month.
Please note that if you request that Tap delete personal information relating to you, you may no longer be able to continue to pursue certain activities at our Website and Services and/or to otherwise use the full functionality of the Websites and Services.
Miscellaneous Provisions – Children’s Privacy
We recognize the particular importance of protecting the privacy of children and we are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet. Tap does not generally target children and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we would discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided personal information through our Website or if we are contacted by a verifiable parent or legal guardian about his or her child’s participation on our Website, Tap will delete the personal information about the child from our active user records.