Collection and Use of Personal Information
Tap may request that you provide certain personal information in order to use our Services or engage in activities through our Website. By personal information, we mean any information about an identifiable individual or entity, such as his, her or its name, telephone number, address, email address, profession, qualifications and license number, if applicable, as well as the information found in an end-user’s medical file. We collect this information carry out the services that you have asked from us and to help improve our products and services. We provide more detail below on what personal information we collect and why.
- Requests for Information, Comments and Inquiries:When you express an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services, in subscribing to any Service or in opening an online account, Tap will require you to provide your personal contact information including:
- phone number,
- email address and
- if required to properly respond to the inquiry, comment or demand:
- your profession or medical specialty,
- license number and
- department and hospital affiliation or place of work.
Such personal information is collected in order for us to be able to communicate with you, to verify if you qualify as users of the Services, to determine which kind of Services would be required or desirable for you, and to respond to your inquiries, comments or requests for information.
If you contact us for product support, we will maintain account notes on your product license number, hardware and the type of problems that you are experiencing. This helps us to track issues that you are experiencing and to further enhance our support for you.
- User Account and Contact Information:When you register to open an account, Tap requires you to provide your:
- provincial healthcare card number and expiry date
- email address,
- telephone number,
- if applicable, your license number and hospital or department affiliation (or place of work).
Tap requires this information to ascertain that you qualify as users of the Services and to communicate with you whenever required.
In the course of creating your account, you must also provide a password and must agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the EULA. During the registration process, you may provide additional information to build your profile.
- Contests, Surveys, Newsletters, Offers and Customer Service:Tap may conduct contests and surveys via our Website and other Services. In that respect, you may be asked to provide:
- Your name
- Address, and
- Your e-mail address.
You may also be required to provide answers to the survey questions (or wherever applicable to the contest question(s)). Tap or its business partners may also provide you with incentive offers to encourage you to participate in our contests and surveys, which offers may also require the disclosure of personal information. The choice to participate in said surveys and contests or to take advantage of any incentive remains, at all times, at your sole discretion. Any personal information obtained by Tap in connection with the foregoing will only be used to contact the contest participants and for any other purpose expressly set forth in said survey or contest or permitted by law
For our newsletters, press releases and/or special offers, we will e-mail you the communications that you have requested from us. Depending upon the type of publication or event organized, you may have to communicate additional personal information. This will be notified to you prior to the collection of such information. You may request at all times to be removed from any mailing list at any time by using the Contact us feature of our Website or email us at email@example.com
- Payment Information:When you purchase a Service for which there is a charge, we will collect:
- Your name,
- Your postal address,
- Your e-mail, and
- Your credit card details.
You may also be requested to confirm your personal information required to ascertain that you can proceed with the transaction. For instance, Tap may request that you disclose your title and function should you wish to purchase certain Services. Such information allows Tap: (i) to proceed with the transaction, (ii) to deliver and perform the Services requested and (iii) to communicate, wherever required, with you.
- Job Applicants:When you apply for a job with Tap, we will ask you to provide us some basic information, including your name, email address and phone number. Additional information that you provide us is voluntary. We will not ask you and we will not collect from you sensitive information such as about your religion, health, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. And the information that you provide us will be used to communicate with you, manage our hiring process, and to comply with laws and regulations. If you are later hired, the information may be used for employment and corporate management purposes.
- Data Trackers, Including Cookies and Web Beacons:“Cookies” are minor text files that are placed in your computer’s browser and store your preferences.
Sharing Personal Information with Other Companies
- Sharing Information for Business Purposes:From time to time, Tap needs to share some of your personal information with companies that help us to run our business. The information we provide them is limited. We share with them only what they need to perform the services they carry out for us. And they are required by agreement to keep any and all personal information we provide them strictly confidential. These service providers have no rights whatsoever to use any personal information we provide them in any way other than for the purpose for which send it to them. Accordingly, these service providers are not allowed to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes or to share with any other third parties. Further, our service providers are required to meet both legal and industry standards to ensure that your data is protected.These other companies include:
- Hosting service providers that help us run our Website;
- Electronic medical record providers (EMRs)
- Research collaborators
- Customer support service providers that help us handle your support requests; and
- Marketing services providers that help us with our e-mail marketing campaigns, newsletters, press releases and/or special offers.
Tap will also receive personal information about you from our business partners when you use third-party websites or services that use or are integrated with Tap’s Services.
For instance, when you download the Tap Application via the Apple Store, Apple obtains personal information and other information required for the successful download of the Application.
Likewise, each time you open a Facebook account to “follow” or become “friend” with Tap (or otherwise learns more about us), Facebook obtains all personal information disclosed by you.
You may elect to use our referral program to inform colleagues about Tap’s Website or other Services. In such an event, Tap may request that you provide your colleagues’ names and email addresses, and Tap will automatically send such colleagues a one-time email providing information about the Services and inviting him or her to visit the Website (in compliance with applicable laws). Thereafter, the communications with said colleague will be made on a consensual basis (expressed or implied).
- Sharing Information in Case of Change in Ownership:We may need to share your information should there be a change in our company ownership.
- In the event that we sell Tap, our assets or our Websites, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data held by us will be transferred. This includes a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, or other change of control.
- Sharing Information to Meet Legal Requirements:We may be required by law to disclose or share your personal information. For instance,
- In order to comply with any legal obligation or legal request, such as a subpoena;
- In connection with required governmental filings or submissions;
- To investigate and respond to third-party claims or allegations; or
- Other Reasons We May Share Information:
- For fraud detection and prevention. We may need to disclose or share your personal information to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Website, our Services, our business partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Statistical information. We may share with third parties aggregate statistical information. But this information does not identify you as an individual. It refers to certain of our end-users in the aggregate. Examples of such aggregate statistical information include the number of users that downloaded an application or number of users that clicked on a particular offer.
- With your consent. We also may share information in other situations with your consent.
- Links to Other Sites:On our Website you may find various links to the websites of certain of our business partners as well as offers for such partners’ products and services that direct you to such partners’ websites. We are not responsible for the content, business practices or operations of such websites. Please note that these partners have their own privacy policies. If you link to our partners’ websites from our Website, we encourage you to read their partners’ privacy policies before you submit any personal information on their sites. The presence of a link to our partners’ websites does not constitute or imply Tap’s endorsement, recommendation, or sponsorship of the content, goods, or services available through, or contained on, such partners’ websites.
- Public Information:Please note that any and all information, discussions, opinions, blogs, postings, ideas, feedback and other communications and materials of any kind that you post, upload, submit or otherwise make available within the various forums, centers and communities on our Website will be considered public information and will not in any way be treated as confidential information. These include:
- blog posts,
- chatroom discussions or message board postings, and
- social networking sites posts (such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
Security of Personal Information
We take appropriate technical, physical, administrative and managerial procedures, and employ security measures and safeguards to protect personal information that is stored on our servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should notify us immediately (by using the Contact us feature of our Website).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use commercially reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, administrative and managerial procedures, security measures and safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
How Long We Maintain Your Personal Information
Tap will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the Services you have requested and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
Transfers of Personal Information To Different Countries
We primarily store information about our visitors, members, and customers in the Canada. However, we may transfer your personal information across national borders to other countries in compliance with applicable laws. For instance, as discussed under “Third Party Cookies,” our analytics provider stores data in the United States.
Your Ability to Access and Control Your Data
In order to keep your personal information accurate, Tap depends on you to amend your user account(s) to include updated contact details. You may update your user account by accessing it electronically through our Website. You are entitled to communicate with Tap as set out below (or by using the Contact us feature of our Website) in order: (i) to modify your file, (ii) to correct inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous information, (iii) to have outdated or irrelevant information struck out, or (iv) to make written comments and have them filed on record.
You can upload, manage, edit or delete your personal information or the content and other information you share when using our Website or any Service. You can request us to delete your account. When you request that your account and personal information to be deleted, such content will no longer be accessible to others. Despite the foregoing, you should keep in mind that the information that has already been shared with other end-users and which they in turn have shared is not part of the deleted account and thus will not be deleted. For this reason, you may be prevented from correcting, deleting or otherwise editing any information pertaining to you but shared by other end-users. Should any information posted by other end-users infringe any laws, Tap will delete such information upon being made aware thereof and after verifying the infringement of applicable laws.
If you wish to learn more about what personal information we maintain and/or to which third parties such personal information has been provided, please contact us. Tap will make reasonable efforts to respond to your request within one (1) month.
Please note that if you request that Tap delete personal information relating to you, you may no longer be able to continue to pursue certain activities at our Website and Services and/or to otherwise use the full functionality of the Websites and Services.
4455 Sherbrooke West, 1st floor
Miscellaneous Provisions – Children’s Privacy
We recognize the particular importance of protecting the privacy of children and we are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet. Tap does not generally target children and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we would discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided personal information through our Website or if we are contacted by a verifiable parent or legal guardian about his or her child’s participation on our Website, Tap will delete the personal information about the child from our active user records.